Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thought of the Day and Word of the Day

Today's thought of the day comes from inventor Thomas Edison

"When I want to discover something, I begin by reading up everything that has been done along that line in the past--- that's what all the books in the library are for. I see what has been accomplished at great labor and expense in the past. I gather the data of many thousands of experiments as a starting point and then I make thousands more. The three essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are first, hard work; second, stick-to-it-iveness; third, common sense."- Thomas Edison


Today's word of the day is circumlocation

noun
1. a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
2. a roundabout expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment